Do you love to be greeted with a wagging tail? How about with a sweet little meow and a purr? Do you love to be outside in the fresh air? Would you enjoy a flexible schedule between the hours of 8am-6pm? Yes to all? This job is for you!! Four Seasons For Paws is an established and well-loved pet sitting and dog walking company, and we are seeking exceptional dog walkers and pet visitors to add to our great staff. Get paid to play with fur-babies, get exercise, and have fun! We love what we do and we can’t wait to share the experience with you!
****Please note: You must have a car and a deep love for animals to apply for this position! Must also be able to self-manage and must be comfortable walking in inclement weather. A smart phone is required to access our pet sitting software****
• Four Seasons For Paws will contact you with client needs and dates. If accepted, visits will be added to your schedule on a weekly basis or for the duration of the vacation care in accordance with your availability. A meet and greet may or may not need to be coordinated for you and the client.
• You will be required to read all client and pet information in our software before the first visit and or meet and greet so you can ask questions about any instructions that aren't clear to you.
• Dog walks and pet sitting visits are usually done at approximately the same time each day to maintain continuity for the dog(s), cat(s), pocket pet(s), and bird(s). Visit lengths are typically 30 minutes for walks and care visits. 45 and 60 minute visits are also an option for clients. If the visits are twice daily for cats, they are usually scheduled between 7-10 a.m. and between 4-7pm. If they are for puppies and dogs, they are usually scheduled between 10-12am and 3-6pm.
• The time will be spent walking the dog(s), playing with and giving love to the animals, feeding the animal(s), cleaning up any messes you (or they) have made (counter and spoons cleaned), scooping the litter box daily, mail and paper pickup, and any light watering for indoor/outdoor plants. You are required to check into the job using the Precise Pet Care app. You will also be required to fill out an online journal with details of the visit for the client and to clock out after the visit and journal have been completed
• Even when it is raining, dogs still need to go out. Dogs won't need to go out for the normal time of 30 minutes; you can walk them for 20 minutes or less during inclement weather.
• If dogs get dirty on hike or walk, please hose them off and towel dry them (owners will provide towels) before putting them back in house. It is always a good idea to keep spare towels in your car. The owner will thank you!
• Occasionally, clients may be home sick or taking a day off at home; please be aware that even if you don’t see client, client may be home.
• If you are issued a key, you are required to put the key in your pocket as soon as you get in the house, so you don’t leave it inside and lock yourself out!
• Even if you are walking a very friendly dog (and most of them are), remember that some of the dogs you will see on the walk are NOT friendly. You will be required to keep the dog you are walking away from other dogs. No exceptions.
• You will initially start out walking one or two dogs at a time. If you want to walk more, we can work you up to three to five dogs at a time. We at Four Seasons For Paws do not walk more than five dogs at one time. You will not be required to walk more dogs than you are comfortable with.
• All dogs must be leashed during the walk. No exceptions.
• We respect client confidentiality. Bringing friends or children to the house or telling anyone that a particular client is away are not acceptable actions.
• Due to the bonding that occurs between sitter and animal(s), we require at least a six-month commitment to work with our company on an ongoing basis for any position with Four Seasons For Paws. Please let us know if you have any questions about this or are unable to commit to us for the next six months.
• Most pet sit "assignments" are one week or more, but some may include weekends. We prefer hiring sitters that are available for both.
The pay schedule is as follows:
$10 per 30 minute walk
$10 per 30 minute visit
**Four Seasons For Paws offers 20-60 minute visits. You receive additional pay for longer visits, more pets and responsibilities, and major holidays.
Four Seasons For Paws team member walking four dogs.